- Create an image content type.
- Navigate to admin/content/types/add.
- Enter the human readable "Name:" Image.
- Enter the "Type:" image.
- Enter a description.
- In the Submission form settings field set, enter a Title field label, Body field label, and the Explanation or submission guidelines as you choose.
- In the Workflow settings field set uncheck Promoted to front page.
- In the Comment settings field set select the disabled radio button for the Default comment setting field.
- Click Save content type.
Disclaimer: The intent of this presentation was to give people a quick, brief, and focused introduction to views. I chose to do certain things in certain ways to stick to that intent. Thus, don't consider that this is the only, or even optimal way, of creating a slide show. However, I used almost these exact steps to create the slide show at the top of the front page on http://isaacsonwebdevelopment.com. The only additional things I did were to code some CSS and put some "anchor" tags in the image nodes and text nodes.